Monday, April 16, 2012

Ham


This style of ham is a favorite in our house, specifically a favorite of my husband. I used the spice rub that can be found in this post, and added it to honey instead of broth (as the original recipe suggests). The outside of the ham may darken due to the spices.

 If you are on phases 1 to 3 you can use broth, or use it as a celebration meal in phase 3.

The couscous recipe was from Martha Stewart, and can be found here.

Ingredients:
  • Ham - 3 to 5 pounds (watch the sodium and sugar levels) 
    • I like to get hams that have been smoked instead of those with a glaze already on them.
  • 2 TBSP Spice Rub
  • 1/2 cup honey, or broth of your choice
Procedure:
  • I use my crock pot to cook the ham. Start by placing the liquid and spices in the pot and make sure they are mixed well. Add the ham.
  • Periodically stir the liquids up and then baste the ham using the liquids in the pot.
  • Serve when heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment