Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pizza Night

We love pizza around our house, and I was happy when I discovered something that was incredibly good and didn't stray from the approved list. I am sure there are many different types of crust that you could use. I have heard of using a galette, or a crust made from cauliflower. Neither appealed to me, so I tried my pizza on a large portobello mushroom. This works well for me since I love combination pizza, and it is one less thing that I have to chop or slice to put on my pizza. Give this variation a try next time it is pizza night at your house.

Ingredients:
  • 1 large portobello mushroom, wiped with stem popped off
  • pizza sauce
  • Mozzarella cheese
  • Your desired toppings
    • Consider:
      • Green Peppers
      • Onions
      • Turkey Sausage
      • Turkey Pepperoni
      • Fresh Basil
      • Chicken, seasoned all sorts of ways
Procedure:
  • Preheat your oven to 350F
  • Carefully wipe your mushroom inside and out with a slightly damp paper towel
  • Place your mushroom on an oven safe pan, with the outside down
  • Top your mushroom with your desired toppings
  • Bake until the cheese has become melted and starts to brown.
NOTE: The mushrooms will let go of their moisture as the cook, so you will want to use a pan with an edge to contain the moisture.

No comments:

Post a Comment