Thursday, February 2, 2012

A few of my favorite things...

Listed below are many of the ingredients that I am using on a daily basis, sometimes more than once a day. I am sure there are more that I just can think of now. These are the keys to my success, I hope they help you too.


I will admit now that I have broken one of the main Dukan rules...EEEP! I HATE fat free stuff, the flavor is unappealing to me, so I made a personal decision to use low fat on most items, and Neufchatel instead of fat free cream cheese. I was still able to remove weight at a great pace, and do not feel that this decision hindered me in any way. It is your body and your choice, I chose flavor.

 
 This is tasty in cottage cheese, cream cheese, and I am sure so many other things. I bet it would even be tasty in a galette if I made those.
 I use this in a number of things as well. Cottage cheese, cream cheese, my morning dose of warm oat bran cereal. It makes things seem sweeter and richer than they really are, which is a huge plus when you are dieting.
The flavor benefit of vanilla, but in a powder. I think the flavor is more intense as well. I have added this to the same things mentioned with vanilla.
Meat tasting a little bland? Not excited about salad? These helped me kick the blahs numerous times. The fig is by far my favorite and tastes great on all meats. I highly recommend getting any balsamic vinegars you can find.
Oh wow, this is so good on hard boiled eggs. A huge thanks to Marcia for introducing this wonder to me. The best part was that it was in my spice collection un-opened the whole time. Such a great way to make anything bland pop.
I love dried garlic and onions because they are so easy to use, require no prep work on my behalf, and taste great. Not all are created equal, so find your favorite.







This pepper blend goes in just about everything I make. It has a bit of a kick from the various types of pepper and adds amazing flavor. I know fresh ground is best, but I really like the flavor this packs.





Roasted cinnamon, and regular cinnamon, are a quick way to make something feel all warm and fuzzy. I add this to my warm oat bran cereal in the morning, in cottage cheese or cream cheese. I have made frozen yogurt as well. Very versatile and tasty.








This is a great way to turn left over meats into something completely new. Nice strong flavors that go great with tzatziki and salad greens. Make sure to get the salt free.
 If you are really stuck in a rut the Mrs. Dash salt free line of spices will cure you in no time. I frequently use the lemon pepper on all sorts of fish and have not been disappointed by any of the others. Get creative.










My favorite ingredient of all, milk. But it is not just any skim milk, it's Winder skim milk. Their milk has the best flavor and is by far the best. Not all milk is created equal, and we are very picky about our milk in this house.
Milk is a great tool in your weight loss because it can help you go from snacky to full in no time. Fill up the space with liquid and you wont feel the need to binge on your tub of snack goo you just whipped up. I am getting thirsty just looking at the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment